Syncevolution upgrade? Broken owncloud carddav sync.

Has there been an upgrade of syncevolution in one of the recent updates?
(I can't find any mention in any of the commitlogs):

http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ota/

I haven't used my sync (against OwnCloud) in the last couple of months
or so, but when I wanted to set it up again now, with the same method as
before:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/616081/ubuntu-touch-add-contact-list-and-calendars

... the contact sync only gets 13 of 500+ contacts, complaining about
404 errors in "MULTIGET" requests.

>From the syncevolution changelog I get the impression that this MULTIGET
feature is of newer date. Since the sync still works on my Linux Mint
Evolution, I presume the change that broke the sync resides on the phone
and not the OwnCloud instance.

Any ideas?

Follow ups