Re: Galaxy S4 stuck on Download... Do not turn off target

Hello again list,

I've been researching and learning lots more about mobile development and
have made some progress.

I went out and purchased a Nexus 4 and have been able to get Ubuntu Touch
up and running.  Now I'm turning back to my Galaxy S4.  I've been able to
root my Galaxy S4 using CF-Auto-Root and Heimdall.  I've also figured out
that my Galaxy S4 is the SCH-R970 version that comes from US Cellular.  My
end goal is to make Ubuntu Touch run on this hardware.  For my next step
I'm trying to experiment with MultiROM.  This should allow me to experiment
with alternate roms.  I'm currently getting a message about MultiRom not
being support on my current hardware.   Doing more research on that before
I proceed.

Also, it looks like there is an abandoned version of ubuntu touch for the
GT-I9505 Galaxy S4 version here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Devices/i9505

I'm wondering if that ROM might work on my SCH-R970.  It would be nice if I
could use that as some sort of base to start with.  If not, I'll be
starting from scratch at the porting page.

https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/phone/devices/porting-new-device/

-Dave