Re: Wireless Display

v2 is *supposed* to have much less latency

v2 is not yet officialy supported in UT. I was advised to still go with v1.
Although I do remember someone from Canonical saying they were looking at
bringing UT to be v2 compatible. I f I am not mistaken it was Simon Fels.

On my Samsung monitor (21 inch) it is extremely laggy, with very poor
screen resolution

I have used it on my Samsung TV(not sure of the type right now) And I was
quite pleased with the performance and with good resolution. Not blinding
fast yet but not unworkable, although your standards may well be different
frm mine. I also remember Joey Sneddon doing his own review on OMG where he
was quite surprised by the responsiveness. So It appears to be
screen-related for some reason.
How is your performance with your external monitor when connected over
hdmi?

everything is so slow - keyboard and mouse

You are probably aware that you can tune mouse response to your needs in
system settings. I have found that when I dont do that and just use the
default mouse configuration, the mouse is unusably slow on an external
screen

cheers

Mathijs