Re: Ubuntu Touch OTA-13 released

Thanks for the quick explanation. 😄
We're looking forward for the storage framework.

On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 7:46:22 AM PHT, Michi Henning <michi.henning@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

- I would appreciate maybe a short overview of what storage framework is all about. My initial idea is for cloud syncing.

The storage framework is basically a way to provide access to arbitrary cloud storage services, such as Owncloud or Dropbox, with a single API. It’s built as a client-server library that provides a storage access API that clients can use to upload and download files, navigate the contents of the cloud store, etc. There is also a server-side API that allow new providers to be added to the machinery. Basically, a provider implementation is a piece of adapter code that receives requests for file access from the storage framework runtime and then makes corresponding requests using the cloud service’s REST API. We also plan to add a local filesystem provider.

With the storage framework, higher-level services, such as backup or syncing, can be layered on top.

It’s early days yet. The client-side API is still going through changes, and the server-side API may also still end up with some tweaks. Consider it alpha code for now.

Cheers,

Michi.

--
Sent using Dekko from my Ubuntu device