Re: AppArmor error for Online Accounts UI on a custom device

Hi Denis,

On 09/21/2016 02:50 PM, Denis Grigoriev wrote:
I'm trying to run Ubuntu Touch on a custom board. I'm using
vivid-preinstalled-touch-armhf.tar.gz version 20160920 from
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ and custom android5-based device image which
is built outside of phablet repo. Almost everything works well except
online accounts service. When I'm trying to run account setup from
system settings I see this error:

Error getting app ID:
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AppArmorSecurityContextUnknown" "Could not
determine security context for ':1.138'"

and

request.cpp 272 fail "com.ubuntu.OnlineAccountsUi.InvalidApplication"
"Invalid client application"

Is this some kind of bug or limitation?

It's a bug, but I'm not sure about the cause. The first error means that for some reason the "online-account-service" could not successfully query the apparmor security label of the "system-settings" process. This caused all the rest of the errors.

Why does this happen, I have no idea. Could it be that apparmor is nor working properly on that device? Maybe the kernel was not configured with the right options for apparmor to work?

To verify whether the apparmor label is set right, please type:

   ps -Z | grep system-settings

when you have the system settings opened. The first column should show "unconfined".

Ciao,
  Alberto