Re: BQ E4.5 OTA-13: Which process controls/paints the display?

Hi,

On 09.10.2016 20:56, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On a normal Linux/UNIX desktop, we have some X11/Xorg server which
> controls and paints the display (and keyboard and mouse). Which process
> is doing this in our BQ E4.5?

It's Mir, linked as a library to the unity8 process.

> The background of my question is; I have a device which is fully up, one
> can SSH into it, it rings on phone calls, one can control the level of
> the ring audio with the buttons, after the (missed) call the green LED is on,
> ... but the display is off/black.

If all those things work, unity8, and with it Mir must be running
properly. However, what you're seeing is not that it doesn't paint
anything on the display, but rather that the display backlight is turned
off. That in turn is controlled by repowerd.