Re: BQ E4.5 OTA-13: Which process controls/paints the display?

El día Monday, October 10, 2016 a las 12:13:24AM +0200, Michael Zanetti escribió:

> > The background of my question is; I have a device which is fully up, one
> > can SSH into it, it rings on phone calls, one can control the level of
> > the ring audio with the buttons, after the (missed) call the green LED is on,
> > ... but the display is off/black.
>
> If all those things work, unity8, and with it Mir must be running
> properly. However, what you're seeing is not that it doesn't paint
> anything on the display, but rather that the display backlight is turned
> off. That in turn is controlled by repowerd.

Thanks for the explanation. What would have been the best way on ssh to
switch on the backlight again and/or restart the repowerd?

During the situation the /userdata file system was 100% full, no space
left on device, because I wanted to save 'ps ax > ps.txt' in phablet's
HOME. After the re-boot ('sudo reboot') the file system had ~3 GByte
free. Any idea on this? Is it worth to file a LP bug?

Maybe it's worth to read the files /var/log/repowerd.log* ...

Maybe the reboot per SSH was overkill. If only the backlight was off,
the menu for "Power off / Restart / Cancel" was onscreen after pressing the power
button and the "Power off" is in the middle of the physical display.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
Einheitsfeier? Nein, danke! Kann ich bitte mein Land wiederhaben und am 7. Oktober feiern.