Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: snap support in bileto

On Nov 9, 2016 2:19 AM, "Lukasz Zemczak" <lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hey Robert!
>
> Excellent, I suppose that's a good first stage to start off from -
> thanks! Just to make sure: so right now the snap builds are being made
> from existing snap recipes, right?

That's correct, the snap support currently takes existing snap recipes
inputs similar to how it takes MPs as inputs to build debs.

> This means that every lander
> wanting to rebuild a snap from a silo has to have his/her own recipe
> set up for the given project?

Yes.

> Ideally we'd like all this to happen
> automatically by Bileto, since basically setting up a recipe for the
> given snap anyway gives a 'one click' experience of building snaps.
> Right now it's just redirecting people to press a button on Bileto
> instead of Launchpad.

Not true. The current iteration automates the addition of the bileto ppa
during the snap build.

So if you have a ticket that is just a snap, you're right, clicking snap in
bileto is not very different than clicking build on an lp snap recipe. But
if you have a ticket with a pile of packages in the ppa, and your snap is
built from those debs, then it makes sense to use the bileto snap button.

> Hope to see things automated even more!

Yep, i will continue working on it. Just want to release early and often so
i can iterate on feedback from users.