Updater not opening

Hi all,

A quick recap of my IRC request on #ubuntu-touch:

hey, still can't get the updater to run. by any means.
can't find any precedent either. have tried: system-image-cli,
deleting wizard-has-run* and rebooting, powering off and provided logs
from .cache/upstart/app-legacy-ubu-sys-settings.log:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23595409

The update screen basically doesn't appear when clicked, taking the
system settings window away with it.
security and privacy settings on the settings screen won't open either.
everything else seems to work.

update: oh, now the About screen won't open from settings either, when
it did last night

I had also done this in recent weeks:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/620740/recommended-way-to-install-regularcli-deb-packages-on-ubuntu-phone#623311
-> the bind parts might have messed with things?
upgrading my chroot now, just the ubuntu-system-settings bit: i wonder
if upgrades to my vivid chroot affected the root system because of the
bind mounts?
you can see in the paste logs that qml errors out at times... should i
upgrade the chroot's qml packages, or any others?

If anyone can offer any advice, I'm at a loss.

Many thanks.

Follow ups