Re: Poor state of support.

On 05/01/17 11:49, advocatux wrote:

El 04/01/17 a las 21:53, Alan Pope escribió:
Hi,

Thanks for your continued interest in the future direction of Ubuntu.
[---snipped---]

Hi,

Thank you for step up and face the music, so to speak.

If I'm understanding you correctly:

* Click is dead, and everything must be migrated to snap.

* There won't be new phone models until there's a 'snap image'.

* No bug fixes for clicks, every developer is working in snaps.

* There won't be OTA-15, at least as we know it.

So how can we help to speed up the transition to snap? Any estimated timeline? Any roadmap?

Cheers

Indeed, Thanks Alan...

I wonder if we can also add to that list that:-

* Unity 8 development is primarily focused on Desktop features currently, so new images are unlikely to see major mobile specific enhancements until desktop mode reaches parity with mobile.

Not withstanding of course, there may well be major bugfixes and improvements which are applicable to both.

James

--
A. James Lewis (james@xxxxxxxxxx)
"Engineering does not require science. Science helps a lot but people