Re: Poor state of support.

But as I know, current phones won't get the snappy based image, so this means the end of the support for every phone, doesn't it?

________________________________
Feladó: Ubuntu-phone <ubuntu-phone-bounces+robinhero=outlook.hu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, meghatalmazó: Alan Pope <alan.pope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Elküldve: 2017. január 5. 15:00:41
Címzett: ubuntu-phone
Tárgy: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Poor state of support.

Hi,

On 5 January 2017 at 11:49, advocatux <advocatux@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * Click is dead, and everything must be migrated to snap.

It's not dead, it's sleeping. But yes, snap is 'click 2.0', so
everyone should move to it.

> * There won't be new phone models until there's a 'snap image'.

I don't know, but that's a reasonable guess.

> * No bug fixes for clicks, every developer is working in snaps.

Depends where the bug(s) is/are. Developers can still update their
clicks in the store. For click itself, there's not been a lot of
active development there since snappy came along.

> * There won't be OTA-15, at least as we know it.

I don't know.

> So how can we help to speed up the transition to snap? Any estimated
> timeline? Any roadmap?

Probably the most useful thing to do right now is build and use snaps.
Build them with snapcraft, and upload them to the edge channel in the
store. Once stable, promote to stable channel. This will no doubt
uncover bugs in snappy [0] and snapcraft [1] which need to be on the
teams radar.

As for roadmaps for snappy related things, that's a question best
asked on the snappy mailing list I think.

Al.

[0] - https://bugs.launchpad.net/snappy
[1] - https://bugs.launchpad.net/snapcraft
--
Alan Pope
Community Manager

Canonical - Ubuntu Engineering and Services
+44 (0) 7973 620 164
alan.pope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://ubuntu.com/