Re: web-app https://appear.in/ not asking permissions for cam and mic

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 12:41 PM, Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> El día Wednesday, January 11, 2017 a las 12:37:13PM +0100, Olivier Tilloy escribió:
>

>> > ** (process:3972): WARNING **: Unable to dispatch url 'intent://appear.in/gurucubano#Intent;scheme=http;action=android.intent.action.VIEW;end;':GDBus.Error:com.canonical.URLDispatcher.BadURL: URL 'intent://appear.in/gurucubano#Intent;scheme=http;action=android.intent.action.VIEW;end;' is not handleable by the URL Dispatcher
>>
>> It looks like the "Join conversation" link is an android intent, which
>> probably intends to direct the user into installing an app instead of
>> using the website. Bleh. Hopefully a simple user-agent override will
>> do the trick.
>
> Can you help me to understand this. Thanks

appear.in is using the user-agent string¹ to present different content
based on what it guesses the OS is. In that case it incorrectly thinks
it’s android (because the UA string exposed by webbrowser-app contains
a "like Android" token). It therefore presents an android-specific
link which will open the appear.in android app if installed, or most
likely redirect to the play store to suggest installing it if not.
There is a mechanism for webapps to override the default user agent,
so I was suggesting that the author of the appear.in webapp (Peter
Bittner, CC'ed here) should use it to "fix" the webapp.
Happy to help testing or do further investigation if needed.

Cheers,

 Olivier

¹ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_agent#User_agent_identification