Re: No Space Left on Device

On 21/01/17 10:35, Marius Gripsgård wrote:
Cleaning the device wont matter how much userdata you delete or move, cache is a different partition...
Here you can see the different partitions on for example Nexus 5 [0]

Try wiping cache as i said:

reboot to recovery
adb shell "rm -r /cache/recovery/*"

This gets rid of old update tarballs.

There is no personal data in cache, the /cache/recovery/ is only used for updates. The reason why it stores it there is so tempararly store it there while the device reboots to flash (note that recovery does the flashing [1], ubuntu-device-flash just pushes the updates to the device)

[0]: https://github.com/ubports/android_device_lge_hammerhead/blob/ubp-5.1/fstab.hammerhead [1]: https://github.com/ubports/android_bootable_recovery/blob/ubp-5.1/system-image-upgrader

Tried this - device booted into 'Contact Support, your Device is f****cked' screen. (sigh), Will back up properly next time before attempting this - yep, thanks for the advice by the way - normally I just copy essential files and am done with it.

Restoring now how I originally flashed the device from android.