ubuntu-phone team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Ubuntu staging 16.04 r151 is very buggy on BQ M10 FHD
Dear Ubuntu Touch developers!
As I can understand stable (OTA-15) version of Ubuntu Touch is dead and
will not receive functional updates.
So I flashed my BQ M10 FHD to staging (Ubuntu 16.04, r151) with
I cleared cache and data partitions from both (VolUp and VolDown)
I have many bugs on the device:
* Initial setup wizard is non-predictable slow.
* Sometimes Unity8 GUI freezes.
* Device reboots spontaneously (shows purple Ubuntu screen with five
* Tray has strange icon named 'indicator-sound'.
* Screen does not rotate to the landscape mode. It rotates only on lock
* Browser show blue background on page load and/or page refresh.
* Camera application does not work (its window is empty).
* Clock application crashes.
* File Manager application does not work (its window is empty).
* Terminal 0.7.198 has at least two bugs - 1627485
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1627485> and 1591924
* System Settings application is buggy:
** Bluetooth does not switch off.
** I can't sign in to Ubuntu One on it - if I enter my correct credentials
it reports strange error message
*GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name*
*io.snapcraft.SnapdLoginService was not provided by any .service files*
** Time & Date tab is very slow. I can't set timezone manually. I can't set
time & date manually.
** In Security & Privacy GPS Location settings are not saved.
So my questions are:
1. How to get most of Ubuntu Touch on my M10?
2. How I can help Ubuntu Touch community?
3. What is the future of M10 and other released Ubuntu Touch devices?
4. How I should report bugs in staging branch?
WIth best regards,