Re: Ubuntu at MWC in Barcelona

Hey,

Just a quick personal post from my side. I used the Meizu MX4 with
touch as my main phone for a long time and I really didn't think it
was bad; I actually consider it a really decent phone. I was always a
bit puzzled when I saw people mentioning how unreliable Ubuntu Touch
was in some cases in comparison to others. Sure, it wasn't perfect,
but my Android phone had very similar issues. The Sony Xperia Z I used
before was sluggish, applications sometimes hanged, had issues getting
GPS location and data was sometimes unreliable - same things, some
maybe just happening a little bit less frequently. But for me I never
really felt this huge gap some people were mentioning, but maybe I'm
not really a very demanding user. Even the lack of applications didn't
really bother me, as I had everything I used on an Android phone (but
I must confess that I don't really use too many of those).

Maybe when someone was part of the initiative creating a phone
operating system you tend to get more tolerant of issues, since you
know what a big and complicated venture this is. I'll never know for
sure.

Cheers,