Re: Death is Not an Option

good words.

agreed

On 2017-04-06 07:12 PM, Felipe De La Puente wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm pretty sure there will be people(Myself included) interested to
> continue this effort with the goal of having a non-compromised OS
> alternative for mobile devices and the vision of converged computing and
> so on... however, in my opinion, right now is a good moment to identify
> what we as a community think about the current components of Ubuntu
> Touch, where is the value... and where it isn't.
>
> I mean this moment must be taken as an opportunity to collect the
> feedback and identify what is our current expectation from this OS, what
> should be kept and pushed forward for development, what must be dropped
> and what needs to be re-designed...
>
> Given the naturally limited resources, dedicated effort to
> develop/maintain unneeded code will be a big threat to the success. It
> must be kept simple and focused.
>

> We don't need names to start discussing ideas... and there's no time to
> loose.
>
> Best Regards,
> Felipe.
>
> On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 6:37 PM, Melvin Carvalho
> <melvincarvalho@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:melvincarvalho@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>

>     On 6 April 2017 at 21:57, Wayne Taylor <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     <mailto:wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>         There are two ways to view this kind of a day:
>
>         1) the end of something good - the death of a loved one or
>
>         2) the start of something new, the beginning of a new thing
>
>         It's both.
>
>         I've been a side-line participant always handicapped by my lack
>         of time
>         and my lack of skills.
>
>         Unity and convergence was the single most important part of my
>         tech life.
>
>         In my opinion, to start something new, we need a 'new canonical'.
>
>         Canonical has done great work, and thanks for it, and they've made a
>         choice to 'go their own way'.  No problem.  We all have free wills
>         whether you agree with that statement or not.
>
>         And so I hereby proclaim that something new must start today.
>
>         It's time to rally the troops, and rally the $$.
>
>         Who's in?
>
>         Who will lead and delegate? (and don't be so liberal to think
>         you don't
>         need a leader because that's horse feces)
>
>         I know one very excellent candidate and he knows who he is and
>         he can
>         contact me on the side if he agrees.
>
>         The time is now.
>
>         The people are we.
>
>         Let's not watch the tragic end of the best ever thing in free
>         software.
>
>         <end>
>

>     I will continue to support this project, if I can -- I presume the
>     mailing list and IRC will continue to be places to share ideas?
>
>     One thing I would like to see is a bolder vision than android for
>     mobile experience.  ie one that is not tied to large monopolies
>
>     I am inspired by Tim Berner-Lee's vision of where the web can go:

> [...]

Wayne Taylor
REALTOR

METRO EDGE REALTY
305-11331 Coppersmith Way,
Richmond BC V7A 5J9

c: 778-846-7357
o: 778-888-3888
e: wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.metroedge.ca
www.waynetaylor.ca

++++IMPORTANT+++++++++++

--> Why does my email look funny? <--
Because I'm serious about protecting your private communication with
unbreakable security using free PGP encryption technology.  Want to get
started now? Click here. http://waynetaylor.ca/pgp-protection/

--> Not using PGP? <--
That's your risk/choice and for you here is the standard disclaimer:
"This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does
error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately."