Re: Is Ubuntu Phone and Unity dead?

Also Unity 7 is not going away *right now*. It will be maintained at least until 2021 (End of life of 16.04) and may even stay in the repos after that. But there will probably not be any new features.

As Fabio said, UBports will continue development on Ubuntu Touch. Also Unity 8 will live on under the name Yunit. UBports and yunit.io will collaborate to keep it alive, both on mobile and desktop devices.

Jan