Re: Thank you

On 10 April 2017 at 20:21, Pat McGowan <pat.mcgowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear contributors and enthusiasts
>
> On behalf of the entire team that worked on Ubuntu Touch, Unity8, Mir, the
> apps, the services, the hw enablement, the QA, the releases, the CI
> infrastructure...  thanks for your commitment, patience and the many kind
> words for the developers and the products.
>
> Working on this great software was a very rewarding experience made more
> so by your involvement.
> I share the hope that it lives on.
>
> So long for now

Thanks for your effort.  Competing with mobile OS's was a mountain to
climb, and I actually thought you got pretty close to the peak!

If there's negative comments on this list, it's due to how far the project
came against the odds, and frustration at being so close.  And that people
barely had time to take in the decision.

This has been one of the most brilliant communities anywhere.  I hope it
continues in some sense, because the potential is still world changing.

Thanks for keeping the list open, and all the best!