      From: Vincas Dargis <vindrg@xxxxxxxxx>
 To: ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2017 10:34 AM
 Subject: [Ubuntu-phone] Idea: consider crowdfunding UBports project

Hi,

I am user of BQ Aquaris E5, which is my actually first ever smart phone, and I am deeply saddened that Canonical had to
end Ubuntu Phone project. I am very thankful for them for creating this awesome, free operating system for smart phones,
with convergence with Desktop, which I am really not ready to leave it in the drawer. Big thanks to them!

I have discovered that UBports project, which is continuing Ubuntu Phone developing, has Patreon site [0] to collect
funds for it's development, and for the main goal they set to have full time developer working on system we love.

I am encouraging you to consider funding UBports by becoming patreons to help them continue Ubuntu Phone development.

There are actually lot's of free software projects and their supporting organizations that needs our money too, may it
be Debian and Ubuntu, or maybe Free Software, Document and Linux Foundations, but these mentioned have already their
stones set, meanwhile UBports really needs a kickstart (pun intended? :-) ).

Thanks for hearing.

[0] https://www.patreon.com/ubports/posts