Re: File Manager app doesn't see files

Not sure if this will help you, since it seems like you are able to go into
the Documents folder. I had issues with apps crashing or not showing
anything at all.
I had issues with Telegram and the Gallery recently, and clearing the cache
for Telegram seemed to fix it while clearing the config of the Gallery got
it to load the pictures again.

Assuming you are using the filemanager from the Ubuntu Store (via
uappexplorer perhaps), I don't see any config files for it.
However, it does have a cache.

You could try clearing the cache from .cache/com.ubuntu.filemanager

I usually tend to rename the folder, rather than remove anything from it,
in case something goes wrong and I can revert.

Try running the following from the Terminal

$ mv .cache/com.ubuntu.filemanager .cache/bak.filemanager

Open File Manager and see if your files show.

If they do, you can delete the backup folder from the Terminal

$ rm -r .cache/bak.filemanager/

If they don't, you can revert your cache if you wish.

$ rm -r .cache/com.ubuntu.filemanager/
$ mv .cache/bak.filemanager/ .cache/com.ubuntu.filemanager/

*Take note to use caution with these commands.

Hope you come right.

Marcin