ubuntu-powerpc team mailing list archive

Installer CD on Power4 machine

Hello,

I am new to Ubuntu development, up until now I have only used it, but now, when I wanted to install it to a Power4 IBM pSeries machine it looks there will be some changes required. Professionally I use Power for embedded, but since I like it, maybe I can help a little bit here.

Sorry for very basic questions, but I was not able to find answer elsewhere.

On my server it looks the problem is that yaboot does not recognize OF device IDE CDROM. If I take a newer yaboot it works. How can one build installer CD for ppc64? Where are the sources stored? Any build procedures?

Matevz Langus