ubuntu-s390x team mailing list archive

Outstanding questions on ubuntu-s390x mailing list

Dear Michael,

Firstly let me apologize for the delay in responses to your queries on
the ubuntu-s390x launchpad mailing list. Due to a misconfiguration and
false positive spam flagging, emails have not been reaching people who
are supposed to be monitoring and responding to queries on this list.
This has now been at least partially resolved, and several people are
now properly receiving emails. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Here are belated replies to outstanding queries:

== LDAP authentication? ==

Both ldap-auth-lcient and nscd are available and installable on xenial
and yakkety.

# apt search '^ldap-auth-client$|^nscd$'
Sorting... Done
Full Text Search... Done
ldap-auth-client/xenial 0.5.3 all
  meta-package for LDAP authentication

nscd/xenial 2.23-0ubuntu2 s390x
  GNU C Library: Name Service Cache Daemon

One does need access to http://ports.ubuntu.com (or a country mirror,
e.g. us.ports.ubuntu.com) direct, or via proxy. Alternatively, one
typically sets up ports.ubuntu.com full mirror onto locally accessible
network in case the mainframe is firewalled off in a restricted
manner.

Have you managed to install and configure LDAP authentication?

== cmsfs ==

We do not provide cmsfs tools from BMC Software, instead we provide
cmsfs-fuse tool which is part of s390-tools upstream release of
utilities. Please see $ man cmsfs-fuse for further details.

Have you discovered cmsfs-fuse? And is that sufficient for your needs?

== FCP/SCSI support ==

Looking into this deeper, indeed there appears to be a bug in handling
the start up scripts.
First of all, on Ubuntu most services are enabled by default upon
installation and shouldn't require explicit enabling.
Specifically in this case it triggers a conflict between:
* /etc/init.d/multipath-tools
* /etc/init.d/multipath-tools-boot
* /lib/systemd/system/multipathd.service

I recall seeing a bug report probably filed by you as well about it. I
shall escalate it to boot maintainers.

If there are any other questions, please do not hesistate to email
this mailing list and you shall receive prompt responses from now on.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.

Follow ups