ubuntu-s390x team mailing list archive

Re: Outstanding questions on ubuntu-s390x mailing list

Dmitri,

Thanks for the thorough reply.

> Both ldap-auth-lcient and nscd are available and installable on xenial and yakkety.
I got them installed after finding our internal proxy server which allows Linux past the firewall to the Internet

> Have you managed to install and configure LDAP authentication?
Yes, I have it written up in the paper I'm working on.

> Have you discovered cmsfs-fuse? And is that sufficient for your needs?
Yes, I was using both cmsfs-fuse and the original cmsfs commands in zoom. The same way hcp was effectively replaced by vmcp, it seems that cmsfs-fuse is now effectively replacing cmsfs.  So I ripped the cmsfs code out of zoom.

> I recall seeing a bug report probably filed by you as well about it. I shall escalate it to boot maintainers.
Thanks.

I am hoping to have the first draft of the paper I'm working on in a week or so.  But if anyone wants to review an early draft, send me an e-mail off-list

   -Mike MacIsaac

This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the message and any attachments from your system.