ubuntu-scientists team mailing list archive

[Introduction]

Hello there!

My name is Fernando García, and I am an Electrical Engineer working towards
PhD on Electronic Systems. <http://lsi.die.upm.es/People/fernando-garcia>

I have been working with linux for several years. However, till today I
have only contributed to the community with artwork (both ubuntu and
gnome-ubuntu) or writing tutorials/ trying to answer other people's
specific problems (such as in askubuntu, stackoverflow...).

I hope we altogether can help the scientific community with the day to day
problems.

Our department <http://vlsi.die.upm.es/> works with both free-propietary
electric-mathematical software during the research-educational activities.
I think that sharing the knowledge about those topics could be helpful to
other people. This launchpad project is a great opportunity to do so.

As an example, I would like to share a guide that those who works with VLSI
software in debian like distributions may find useful:
http://vlsi.die.upm.es/cadence_ubuntu.

Best regards

Fernando García Redondo

*Este correo y sus archivos asociados son privados y confidenciales y va
dirigido exclusivamente a su destinatario. Si recibe este correo sin ser el
destinatario del mismo, le rogamos proceda a su eliminación y lo ponga en
conocimiento del emisor. La difusión por cualquier medio del contenido de
este correo podría ser sancionada conforme lo previsto a las leyes
españolas. No se autoriza la utilización con fines comerciales o para su
incorporación a ficheros automatizados de las direcciones del emisor o del
destinatario*.