ubuntu-tablet team mailing list archive

Re: design

This is very good, Andre. I would just like to make a few suggestions:
1. A big clock looks nice on the Home Screen, but it is much better to have
a small one always there in the top panel. You can't have two clocks
either; it just looks strange. Maybe different top menus for Home Screen
and applications screens?
2. I like your conception of the Launcher, but I think Canonical would
prefer that it functioned more like the Launcher on Ubuntu desktop.
3. The mail launcher entry doesn't work for me. There isn't enough space to
show anything useful. Either:
a) It only shows an unread message count, and brings up the mail
application when you tap it, or
b) There is an indicator in the notification area, and the Mail application
works by swiping down on the top panel, just like Android.
4. Are we going to have in-application settings? How complex will these be?
Will we, like iOS, have all preferences housed in one Settings application?