ubuntu-tablet team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu tablet

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Randall Ross <randall@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As we wait for a real Ubuntu tablet (with Ubuntu pre-installed, certified,
> etc), what's the best bet for demonstrating Ubuntu's greatness on a tablet
> to get people excited about the concept? Are there any tablets currently on
> the market that can be handily wiped and reloaded with Precise Pangolin, or
> 11.10?

At SCALE10x last weekend we had an EXOPC Slate running Ubuntu 11.10:

http://www.exopc.com/devices/

It got a lot of attention at our Ubuntu booth:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pleia2/6744430013/

It's an x86-based tablet (not ARM, like Android devices) and ships
with Windows 7 so it was pretty trivial to put Ubuntu on, there are a
few guides online to get you through the gotchas.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com