ubuntu-tablet team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu tablet

I've been waiting for an ubuntu port to the Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet.

I've rooted mine and am currently running the Android 4.x Ice Cream
Sandwich release and its really a good tablet with that OS.

But there is a huge interest in the Nook Color user world for an Ubuntu
release that can be  installed.

liputing.com/2012/01/nook-tablet-hacks-flash-a-custom-rom-or-boot-ubuntu-to-restore-os-1-4-0.html

Nook Color tablet is only $250, its dual core omap4, 1G memory, 16G
internal storage & can add upto 32G microSSD
and has the POWERVR SGX540 GPU processor and supports both Open GLES 1.1
and 2.0.

https://nookdeveloper.barnesandnoble.com/product/nook-tablet-specs.html

I had ubuntu running on my single core nook color in chroot and it worked
ok but that was 1/2 the cpu & 1/2 the ram of
the new nook color tablet.

There was also a great Phoronix article this past week on Ubuntu & ARM:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_1204_armhf&num=1

Brian