ubuntu-tablet team mailing list archive

Re: Which Email client for Ubuntu tablet?

I also think, too many lenses are a bad idea.

But postler is a good hint

Am 11.02.2012 16:55, schrieb satchitb@xxxxxxxxx:
I think we have to resist the temptation to convert everything into a lens. Mark Tullyposted screenshots of a Calendar Lens in development, but I felt then that the Dash was too limited to show such information. It does not make clear dates, though improvements in the Dash itself could change that. We already see an alternate way of displaying information with the Gwibber lens (text to the side, which gives it more space) which has been exploited by David Callé for a Wikipedia lens currently in development.

However, I think an email scope would be rather good if it plugged into the Files lens. However, Thunderbird is too slow to load for this to be be effective. A previewer tool in the vein of gnome-sushi or gloobus-preview would be excellent if it worked with email (with an option to reply via Thunderbird). Sadly, looking at the state of Sushi, I do not think this is likely in the near future. Next, this would only be effective if it could search the entire body of the email. The iPad's search in this regard is laudatory and cues should be taken from it. Lastly, I am not sure if Zeitgeist would log emails received prior to installation of Ubuntu (i.e. those recovered from the mail server), which would be unacceptable.