ubuntu-tablet team mailing list archive

Re: Recommended size and resolution

21:9? This would look strange. And it is the total opposite direction
Apple goes. But I understand what you mean. You want a thumb keyboard.

But I think, it wouldn't work. The gestures from Unity recommends to
hold the tablet in one hand and make the gestures with the other hand.
You had to switch between one hand and two hands holding the tablet
which would be very uncomfortable.

The question is: are there displays in this format available and if yes,
are they affordable? It doesn't make sense to have an awesome and unique
tablet with 21:9 ration for 1000 bucks or more. I never saw a display
with this size and ration so I guess that, if they exist, they would be
expensive.