 From: Chris Billington <billington.chris@xxxxxxxxx>
To: alan.pope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; ubuntu-tablet <ubuntu-tablet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 1:04:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-tablet] Ubuntu tablet

Hi Alan,
I quite agree there are multiple aspects to this- certainly the ui needs test and development and we need touch enabled applications working uniformly. But without a hardware platform with accelerated graphics, sound and power management we are no further at getting the great work that's been done into the hands of users.
There are four or five Chinese oems offering Arm Ubuntu tablets, but I doubt they ever actually shipped one.
I am sure there is a market for a third player after Ios and Android especially since HP threw away the work done on WebOS. Maybe they were scared of being sued?