ubuntu-tablet team mailing list archive

Setting Out Design Goals

I have recently installed Ubuntu on my Nexus 7 and want to start helping
out with some of the work that is being done.
The problem is that I don't want to work on things which don't follow
the design goals of Ubuntu on tablets.

With no bugs (design or otherwise) and no blueprints specified on Ubuntu
Tablet's Launchpad page it is difficult to decide what will have a
reasonable chance of being officially accepted.
Perhaps a discussion of the overarching idea for Ubuntu on tablets is
necessary? For example, should tablets resemble the desktop or the
smartphone versions of Unity, a mix of the two, or a new class of their own?

Also, who is the official word on such decisions from Canonical?

Thanks
Matt