ubuntu-touch-announce team mailing list archive

Landing team 16.06.16

Hello everyone,

Getting closer and closer to OTA-12. Today we had a new
ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts (pot file updates, color fixes,
bugfixes), account-plugins with package description fixes (no real
changes), a bugfix for location-service's fusion provider and a few
small changes to the touch seeds.

Please remember that the freeze dates for the next OTA are nearing:
String Freeze on the 17th and then Final Freeze on the 24th. Time to
slowly finalize landings.

The ubuntu and ubuntu-pd merger is still in progress with us waiting
on the custom tarballs with the new libertine scope and puritine. This
means frieza rc-proposed users still need to wait a little bit,
possibly until tomorrow.

We're also working on improving the image build infrastructure to
enable us working on re-spins (like, hotfixes or during candidate
preparation) independently of the regular touch images. This would
make the process much less complicated and not interrupting regular
rc-proposed builds - which is always a good thing.

On a final note: devel images should be bootable again soon as the fix
for our blocking bug [1] is now in a silo (without reverting to an old
lxc).

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#359 rc-proposed/krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/359.commitlog

#353 rc-proposed/vegetahd
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/353.commitlog

#352 rc-proposed/arale
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/352.commitlog

#124 rc-proposed/frieza
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris-pd.en/frieza/124.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes+1/

* Blocking issues (stable):

** Ubuntu-emulator no network on latest image
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/phablet-tools/+bug/1587808

* Blocking issues (devel):

** devel-proposed - android lxc container fails to start [1]
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1551150
 -> Fix in a silo

* Issues in need of attention:

None.