ubuntu-touch-coreapps-reviewers team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~flscogna/ubuntu-terminal-app/profile-selection into lp:ubuntu-terminal-app

We already have a setting to completely disable the keyboard bar (in the main page).
The state which might be confusing here is: "Show Keyboard Bar" is turned on, but all profiles are disabled.

I'd personally not mix profiles selection with bar visibility. I'm thinking some day we'll have a keyboard shortcut to show/hide the bar, and we need to preserve the state (read the profiles enabled).

I'm inclined to think the best solution is to always show the additional bar (provided "Show Keyboard Bar" is enabled), but grey out the button when no profile is selected.
If the users wants to recover the screen real-estate (temporarily or permanently) it is just a tick away, without the need to change anything about its favourites profiles.

I perfectly agree with the default choices.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~flscogna/ubuntu-terminal-app/profile-selection/+merge/255077
Your team Ubuntu Terminal Developers is subscribed to branch lp:ubuntu-terminal-app.