ubuntu-touch-coreapps-reviewers team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~verzegnassi-stefano/ubuntu-docviewer-app/sdcard-read-support into lp:ubuntu-docviewer-app

Those denials are caused by the QStorageInfo class, which is used to get the list of the mounted media on the device, so that we can build the full path to the Documents folder in an SD card (see lines 3964-3986 of the diff).
The issue happens before any file get parsed and added to the documents list.

In the AppArmor profile I added the following exceptions:
"read_path": [
    [...]
    "@{PROC}/*/mounts",
    "/dev/disk/by-label/"
],

which should grant the access to the paths that QStorageInfo tries to open.

The camera-app[1] does the same for getting the media path, and I don't see any difference in the AppArmor profile strings.
I will have a look at this over the weekend.

[1] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~phablet-team/camera-app/trunk/view/head:/camera-apparmor.json

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~verzegnassi-stefano/ubuntu-docviewer-app/sdcard-read-support/+merge/259230
Your team Ubuntu Document Viewer Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~verzegnassi-stefano/ubuntu-docviewer-app/sdcard-read-support into lp:ubuntu-docviewer-app.