ubuntu-touch-coreapps-reviewers team mailing list archive

[Merge] lp:~verzegnassi-stefano/ubuntu-docviewer-app/reboot-impress-support into lp:ubuntu-docviewer-app/reboot

The proposal to merge lp:~verzegnassi-stefano/ubuntu-docviewer-app/reboot-impress-support into lp:ubuntu-docviewer-app/reboot has been updated.

Description changed to:

DO NOT MERGE YET. I propose this in order to discuss about its implementation.

- Added keyboard controls (PgUp, PgDown, Up, Down, Left, Right) in the LOK plugin (see src/app/qml/loView/KeybHelper.js)
- Improved support for presentation document type
- Conditional layout for the presentation view: use a bottom edge or a sidebar to show the list of slides
- Added an image provider for slides' thumbnails

Known issues:
- Thumbnails provider may require a bit more of work
- Invalidation for tiles is not definitive yet. We need it so that we're able to switch the current slide. It still requires the changes from lp:~verzegnassi-stefano/ubuntu-docviewer-app/reboot-lok-zoom though.
- The slide shown in the viewer is badly rendered when the provider is still fetching the thumbnail. As result, the rendered slide is sometimes a mix of two different slides. :)
  The LOK library requires to switch the current visible part for doing this (see LibreOffice Viewer for Android), and we need to find out a way to pause the main rendering when this happens.

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~verzegnassi-stefano/ubuntu-docviewer-app/reboot-impress-support/+merge/267984
--
Your team Ubuntu Document Viewer Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~verzegnassi-stefano/ubuntu-docviewer-app/reboot-impress-support into lp:ubuntu-docviewer-app/reboot.