ubuntu-touch-coreapps-reviewers team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~verzegnassi-stefano/ubuntu-docviewer-app/pdf-presentation-full-screen into lp:ubuntu-docviewer-app

> Can you explain why did you left that gape (51..80)? Is it something like "normal window"?

According to the UX team, those should be the screen width in units.gu() for the following form factor:
- screen.width < units.gu(51) ----> phones
- screen.width < units.gu(80) ----> 7" tablet
- screen.width > units.gu(80) ----> 10" tablets

In DocViewer we need to check for units.gu(51) when in landscape, for hiding the Unity8 indicators panel[1].

The units.gu(80) check toggles the visibility of the ZoomSelector in the LibreOffice viewer header, when not in desktop mode (on desktop is always visible)

The units.gu(120) is used for showing the slides sidebar when a presentation is loaded through the LOViewer.

Actually the gap is between [0, units.gu(80)] since the check for units.gu(51) is used only for landscape[2].

So yes, if the value is in that gap, it means that the app should show the default phone GUI.

This could be rewritten and I hope to see in future some official component from the Toolkit, since the screen size is the preferred way for switching conditional layout.

[1] 'width' is used since MainView does not rotate, but its content does. :/
[2] On desktop, screen orientation is always portrait, even if width > height.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~verzegnassi-stefano/ubuntu-docviewer-app/pdf-presentation-full-screen/+merge/283718
Your team Ubuntu Document Viewer Developers is subscribed to branch lp:ubuntu-docviewer-app.