ubuntu-touch-coreapps-reviewers team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~verzegnassi-stefano/ubuntu-docviewer-app/fix-documents-page-keyboard into lp:ubuntu-docviewer-app

UITK docs are not very clear on what to do when a Page have multiple PageHeaders.
I used the clock-app code (more specifically, the alarm page) as reference, since you already completed the migration to UC 1.3 at the time.

I'm not sure about the use of QML Loaders, since it would look a bit "dirty" to me.
Well, it's not required to have the other headers loaded by default - that's for sure - but at the moment we still have some logic inside the headers and I'd like to avoid to add further bindings here and there.

However, I just gave a second check to the QtQuick docs, and my fix is actually wrong.

A not-visible Item does not receive mouse inputs, but it's still able to receive keyboard events and grab the focus.[1]
We rather need to set 'enabled: visible' in order to prevent that.

A small question:

With the older PageHeadState, the content of an header was unloaded as long as the Page didn't change to that specific state. With the newer PageHeader, a different approach has been used, and anything can be customized as the single developer needs.

Anyway, there are a few behaviours that should be forced, and an inactive (i.e. not visible) header should not receive any event by default.
Do you think it's worth to report a bug to the UITK project?

[1] http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qquickitem.html#visible-prop
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~verzegnassi-stefano/ubuntu-docviewer-app/fix-documents-page-keyboard/+merge/291139
Your team Ubuntu Document Viewer Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~verzegnassi-stefano/ubuntu-docviewer-app/fix-documents-page-keyboard into lp:ubuntu-docviewer-app.