Re: [ubuntu-touch-coreapps][Facebook] Backend features needed for Facebook app development

On Fri, 2013-03-22 at 11:07 +0000, Hugo Lima wrote:
> Hi everyone !
>

> Here's a list of backend features needed for Facebook app development
> (Alpha-1):
>
> - Functionality to access registered Facebook accounts:
>
>   Already available from Online-Accoutns QMl plugin, but lacks a way
> of creating a new account.
>
> - ListModel to obtain the news feed:
>
>   This is already available from Friends QML Plugin, but lacks a way
> of requesting the model to load more events.
>
> - Functionality to like/unlike/comment/share other users posts
>
> - ListModel to obtain a (any) user's posts (Wall feed / timeline)
>
> - Functionality to post a status update:
>
>   This is already available from Friends QML Plugin.
>
> - Functionality to like/unlike a user/page
>
> - Functionality to access the user's profile (name, address, birthday,
> wall photo, etc)
>
> - ListModel to obtain a list of message threads

What exactly is a list of message threads?  Isn't that really just a
StreamModel of everything?

> - ListModel to obtain a list of messages from one thread

qml-friends provides this, use StreamModel and set the stream to
"reply_to/"+messageId

> - ListModel to obtain a list of user's photo albums

Trivial to add to friends, however we need to do a little brainstorming
first.  List is this an ondemand thing?  So not always available in the
model, maybe Friends could return a ListModel on when requested, but not
persist like it does the other streams.

> - ListModel to obtain a list of photos from a user's album

Same as above

> - Functionality to add/remove photos and albums

Friends can already upload photos, but has no management of albums.  We
need to brainstorm how we would want to implement that.

> - ListModel to obtain a list of notifications

This is a very interesting idea.  Does facebook provide notifications in
the API?  I wonder if other providers do as well, it would be cool to
implement that in friends with a queue of pending notifications.  Like a
friend request on facebook, a new linkedin request, new followers on
twitter, etc.  Then qml-friends could provide a NotificationsModel with
similar filters to the StreamModel.

> - Functionality to manage acount settings (general, notifications,
> security, etc)
>
> - ListModel to search for people (name, user's friends, etc)

I assume this would be implemented in a similar fashion as the user
photos.

> We can do this two ways:
>
> - Wait for the features to be available in upstream projects (like
> friends)
>
> - Implement our own (facebook) back end models/components

What ever makes sense to have in friends, lets please implement them
there.  Then other developers can benefit as well.  Instead of
implementing them directly in the facebook app, you could also help
implement them in friends and qml-friends.  We are very welcoming of new
contributors :)