Re: [ubuntu-touch-coreapps][Facebook] Backend features needed for Facebook app development

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 11:07:34AM +0000, Hugo Lima wrote:
> - Functionality to like/unlike/comment/share other users posts

This is already implemented in the friends backend, not sure about the
qml wrappers, though (Ken?)

> - ListModel to obtain a (any) user's posts (Wall feed / timeline)

Already implemented in the backend as well.

> - Functionality to like/unlike a user/page

The like/unlike code was written with the assumption of doing it on
message_ids, however I think facebook just has one global "namespace"
for message ids, people ids, page ids, etc, so it's likely that this
would already work just fine in the backend.

(although I just did a quick check and it doesn't seem like it's
actually working... so I'll have to dig a bit deeper into that soon)

> - Functionality to access the user's profile (name, address,
> - birthday, wall
> photo, etc)

This is currently unimplemented.

> - ListModel to obtain a list of message threads

That should be there already? Gwibber can already display replies to a
message.

> - ListModel to obtain a list of user's photo albums

Unimplemented in the backend.

> - ListModel to obtain a list of photos from a user's album

Also unimplemented.

> - Functionality to add/remove photos and albums

uploading photos is definitely implemented, and deleted messages is
implemented. I expect that the code to delete messages should also
work on deleting photos, however that is untested and might need some
massaging to actually work.

> - ListModel to obtain a list of notifications

Unimplemented.

> - Functionality to manage acount settings (general, notifications,
> - security,
> etc)

Unimplemented.

> - ListModel to search for people (name, user's friends, etc)

Searching is implemented, but only for messages, not for people.

> We can do this two ways:
> - Wait for the features to be available in upstream projects (like
> friends)
> - Implement our own (facebook) back end models/components

Some options will have to go one way, and some the other. I think our
goal with friends is to keep it limited to messages + contacts, so
things like user security settings you'll probably have to do on your
own. But liking people we should probably do in friends.