Re: A word on blueprints

Al 20/03/13 12:34, En/na Alan Pope ha escrit:
> Hi all,
>
> For those of you working on core apps [1] and keeping your blueprint
> work item status updated, firstly thank you! I realise the work item
> part of blueprint tracking isn't the most intuitive or friendly system.
>
> Secondly when updating statuses, please *don't* delete "DONE" items from
> the work item list. We have some reporting tools which analyse the
> status of work items. If we have a bunch of DONE items which get
> deleted, that leaves us with only TODO and INPROGRESS which makes our %
> completion look really great, then really dire :(
>
> So best to just move the DONE items to the bottom of the list, out of
> the way without removing them, so you can easily see what's left to do
> as well as what's done. It also means new people to the team can see
> what tasks have already been completed
>
> Thanks!
>
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/CoreApps

Hi all,

It's great to see the activity on the blueprints and the action items
being updated, good work everyone.

I just thought I'd throw a couple of other tips on blueprints:

- The syntax allows for only one assignee for work item. So if two
  or more persons are working on a work item together, it's just a
  matter of defining it twice, once for each person:

  - This will *not* work:
        [person1], [person2] Create single message view: TODO
  - This will work:
        [person1] Create single message view: TODO
        [person2] Create single message view: TODO

- Use complete and concise sentences to define work items. This will
  make it clear for everyone to know what you're working on, it will
  help you know exactly what you were intending to do when you first
  defined the work item, and it will help other devs that might need
  to pick it up if work items are reshuffled. E.g.

  - This work item is unclear and a bit too vague:
      [person] OAuth: TODO

  - This clearly defines the work item:
      [person] Integrate Friends to do Facebook authorization: TODO

- You'll find the full documentation on work item syntax here:
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WorkItemsHowto

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
David.