mentoring for core apps

Hi Guys,
First of all I'd like to say thank you for the great work you all have
done so far on the core apps! The apps really look great and we
appreciate all the hard work and effort. It's quite nice to see the
progress that has been made so far.

For those who don't know me, I'm bfiller on irc and help manage the
Canonical Applications team who develop the built-in apps in Ubuntu
Touch (browser, telephony, media player, notes, gallery, camera, etc..).
As you can imagine we've been quite busy working on those apps over the
past months. To help ensure the same consistency and quality in the core
apps as found in the built in apps, we'd like to assist in the core apps
developement process by providing some mentorship by the engineering
team. We're envisioning this as being a point of contact who can help
with code reviews, architectural questions, packaging questions,
guidance on unit tests, autopilot tests and overall development process
- with the goal being synergy between the core apps and built in apps.
>From what we've seen we're pretty far along the way already

We propose to start with the 4 core apps that have designs available,
and then move from there. Please reach out and expect to hear some
initial feedback from the following Canonical engineers starting
sometime this week:

Calendar: Olivier Tilloy irc: oSoMon
Clock: Renato Filho irc: renato
Weather: Gunter Schwann irc: gusch
Calculator: Gustavo Boiko irc: boiko

The guys will do an initial review of the apps in the areas touched on
above and file bugs or provide feeback via email, irc, etc where
appropriate and we'll take it from there.

Thanks,
Bill