Ubuntu Touch Weekly Clinic

Hi,

tl;dr summary:- Come to #ubuntu-touch on Freenode IRC at 13:00 UTC today (and every Wednesday) for the Ubuntu Touch Weekly Clinic.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20130403T13

http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=ubuntu-touch

Feel free to ping myself (popey) or Michael Hall (mhall119) on IRC to get our attention :)

Long version:- We're pleased to see that new contributors, hackers and people just having a play with Ubuntu Touch Developer Preview are coming to #ubuntu-touch at all hours of the day and night to get and give help and discuss what they're doing.

We have noticed though that sometimes people aren't getting answers to their questions, usually because they ask when many core contributors are asleep or just busy doing other things. This is the nature of IRC, and we're not looking to force people to only come to the channel at certain times.

We do though want to improve our communication by having a specific time when developers and other experts will actually be around, and if we can't get an answer immediately, make a note of it so we can get back to people later.

We picked a time when it seems most core contributors are available, covering European afternoon and American morning. Everyone is of course welcome at any time in the channel, this gives us a focal point for our users. This isn't a formal "Q&A" like the Ubuntu On Air sessions, but simply an accessible-for-most slot when we can guarantee people will be around.

First clinic starts today at 13:00 UTC. Everyone is welcome.

Cheers,
--
Alan Pope
Engineering Manager