Re: [Design] Alarm API: powering up the device

In fact there seem to be angry iPhone users who don't like it when their iPhone fails to wake them up because the phone's been turned off or in Airplane mode:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2621816?start=15&tstart=0

Also seem to be even more angry Android users about this missing feature:
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/576921-alarm-doesnt-work-when-phone-off.html