Re: [Autopilot-users] music-app testcase RuntimeError: Search criteria returned no results

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 4:27 AM, John Kim <johnkim.ubuntu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the wealth of information there!  As much as I want to try out
> option two for running on my tablet, my Nexus 7 is currently stuck at boot
> (interminable rest at Google screen) after running autopilot music_app
> tests with my Nexus 7 plugged into my development laptop yesterday.  I will
> proceed as soon as my Nexus 7 is restored, an issue I'll ask on the
> ubuntu-phone mailing list. I scoured the web to no avail.  Perhaps, you can
> give me some advice on restoring as well.

One thing to check - this happened to me before - is I had disabled surface
flinger, because I wanted to run some mir tests. If, when the phone boots,
the display server does not start, you're left with the google logo.
However, if you use 'adb shell', you can still log in to the device as
usual. If that's the case, then it sounds like your display server is
refusing to start, for some reason...

> The runtime error resulted because I was actually missing a dependency.
> After installing it, the error was resolved.  Instead, a MismatchError took
> its place, which Victor reported and I hope is resolved soon.
>
> After reading your report [1], I'm actually itching to help out on the
> development of autopilot by working on the issue.  Is the task doable for a
> novice programmer?  I don't mind learning by doing.

It should be reasonably easy to fix, yes. Join us in #ubuntu-autopilot when
you get back from vacation and I can show you what needs to be done.

Cheers,

--
Thomi Richards
thomi.richards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx