When submitting, remember to test

Just a gentle reminder to ensure you are running tests as part of your merges.

If you are the submitter, make sure you have a test that covers your submission and that the entire suite passes. If you are the reviewer, the same applies. Please ensure the test suite passes before approving.

For the core apps specifically, since all of the core apps now are cmake enabled, you can use click-buddy to help out with this. See my blog post for more details: http://www.theorangenotebook.com/2014/02/click-buddy-and-you-how-to-test-your.html

Essentially running 'click-buddy --dir . --provision' from the branch root should build you a click package and provision the tests to be run on your device. Launch the app and do manual verification, then run 'phablet-test-run test_suite_name' to run the suite of tests. To help check for tests that are not consistent, run the tests multiple times and ensure it passes each time. Fixing bugs in the tests or the app is MUCH easier before it lands in the images.

Don't be afraid to reject merges because of missing or failing tests; let's try and help one another to ensure we catch things before they hit the dashboard.

Humbly,

Nicholas