Re: [RSS-Reader] first test result with new header

Hi,

Thanks for testing the new header! :)

I'll answer your questions below in-line.

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Joey Chan <qqworini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Gentlemen,
>
> Here are the first test result with new header:
>
> 0. Tabs.     I moved the "refresh" button to the right side, now tabs can
> be shown in a popup. Warning: be careful of this bug
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1320806    if too many
> tabs added

Not being able to scroll when you add too many bugs is definitely a bug. I
assigned it to myself so I can try to fix it after I add some more urgent
features.

> 1. actions look good in new header
>

> 2. after I press "add reads"

we don't support opening a popover from the toolbar anymore since if you
have too many actions, those are in a popover, so opening another popover
on top of that would be weird. I don't know how to solve this, best ask a
designer what is the best way to deal with this.

> 2. search page after I press "add feeds".   The "cancel" & "Next" buttons
> are custom elements in toolbar, so they can't be shown in header, will
> change them to actions later.

the old header contents showing up inside your page is a bug that I fixed,
but which has not landed yet in the image. It will be there soon :)

> 3. search result.  After search, I'm not be able to press both "cancel" &
> "next", but luckily I can press the top-left area to go back(back button
> icon missing but works).

Probably your "old" cancel and next buttons are defined in the toolbar, but
not with an Action, or with an Action that does not have an icon. If you
use an Action without an icon, the buttons still go to the header, but you
don't see it. Try adding an icon, or if you don't use an Action yet, try to
use an Action.

> 4. topic management page.  At least I can see the back button  :P
>

> 5. edit mode activated. The custom toolbar not work, must be change to
> actions(or a rectangle looks like the toolbar)
>
> same as 2 and 3 :)

> 6. article page.  I did some changes here, the previous version didn't
> show the header, so I added a title. now seems good  :)
>   **   bug here ?  sometimes I press the back button, but it won't go back
> immediately until I press somewhere of screen.

Yes that sounds like a bug. Did you manage to reproduce it using a
smaller/simple qml file?

> Some feedback:
>
> 0. I don't like the tabs' popup, but I do know that's not the final
> design, can't wait to c the final one  :P

There are new designs that I will try to implement as soon as possible.

> 1. pls fix the bug
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1320806   so more tabs
> can be chosen.

ok :)

> 2. new dynamic Tabs APIs ? we need sth to replace the "repeater
> workaround".

This is on our todo list, but I don't think we will have time before
August/September to work on it.

> 3. Is it possible to let new header support custom elements(not only
> actions) ?

No. Most custom elements would not look nice in the new header. We will
however, add a possibility to add a searchfield or other input field to the
header (replacing the title).

> 4. I don't think moving the custom toolbar(see screenshot 2,3,5) to header
> is a good idea, maybe a "fake" toolbar is necessary.

Maybe. We need some designer feedback on this.