Core Apps Hangout

Hello everyone,

As you already know, the Ubuntu Touch phones are coming later this year.
The core apps are coming along nicely, and just need that final effort/push
to be perfect. During the sprint, we (Victor, Andrew, Riccardo, Kunal,
Adnaine and Myself) were able to see how beneficial it is to have your team
in the same place. It exponentially increases the rate of collaboration
which helped resolve many issues. And so Andrew came up with the idea of
hosting a google hangout where we can come together and discuss common
issues that affect all core apps and help one other.

The hangout should solve some potential issues like,

   - Not knowing which parts of another app need work
   - Not knowing what other people are working on (to avoid duplication of
   work)
   - Sharing code/components/knowledge/fixes between the projects due
to similar
   features/issues
   - Becoming stuck due to lack of knowledge within certain components
   - Sharing design knowledge/ideas

The proposal is as follows,

   - Host a weekly/bi-weekly meeting on Google Hangouts-on-air similar to
   Jono Bacon's Q&A. We will alternate between 2 times that suit people in the
   US and in Europe so that we can accommodate everyone.
   - Before joining the meeting, please be prepared with the topics you
   want to discuss to make these session as productive as possible.
   - Since these are Google Hangouts on air, they will be available for
   watching later and should help if you are unable to make it to the meeting.

We will be hosting our first meeting tomorrow, Thursday 29th May at 12:00
UTC. I will make an announcement again on #ubuntu-app-devel few minutes
before the actual meeting. Please join that room for the hangout url.

Cheers,

Nekhelesh
Clock App Dev

Follow ups