Re: [Docviewer] Reviewing docviewer's Content Hub branch

The same message to everyone else if there's more input about Content-Hub
workings....

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 5:38 PM, Stefano Verzegnassi <stefano92.100@xxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> Arto, it would be very appreciated if you could provide further
> informations on the issues you found.

Hi, basically I tested your branch and it works great for what I tired! So
that's awesome, I'm very happy about that. I can open for example text
files from FileManager in DocViewer without issues

The potential problem I was talking about - and I tried to make a merge
request, but ran out of time to make it work, so I'm writing it here
instead - is that Content-Hub seems to notify about transfer beginning and
it being ready. So Docviewer currently assumes that when Content-Hub says
onImportRequested that it is at that moment ready (state ==
ContentTransfer.Charged).

Now from my understanding of the Content-Hub examples is that's not
necessarily the case. Instead you should check onImportRequested whether
it's already ready, and be prepared to listen for additional  signals on
the transfer for when it's ready.

Anyone correct if I'm wrong, this is what I've gathered from the examples
of Content-Hub.

For example:

    id: root

    property var activeTransfer

    function _transferIfReady() {

        if (transfer.state === ContentHub.ContentTransfer.Charged) {

                     file.path =
root.activeTransfer.items[0].url.toString().replace("file://", "");

        }

    }

        Connections {

        target: ContentHub.ContentHub

            onImportRequested: {

                console.log("[CONTENT-HUB] Incoming Import Request")

                root.activeTransfer = transfer

                _transferIfReady()

            }

        }

    }

    Connections {

        target: root.activeTransfer

        onStateChanged: {

            console.log("StateChanged: " + root.activeTransfer.state);

            _transferIfReady()

        }

    }

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 9:12 PM, Stefano Verzegnassi <stefano92.100@xxxxxxxxx