New Jenkins for you!

Greetings everyone. It's been a couple months in progress, but the new core app jenkins is up and running in production.

https://core-apps-jenkins.ubuntu.com/

Everyone can view jobs and results. For those of you who are developers, you'll also be able to request a build. The site uses ubuntu SSO, just login to gain access.

Now, as of today executing a job will build the selected application. You can set several options including the architecture, framework, branch, etc. After you login, select the "build with parameters" link from the job page. For example, to build weather app, https://core-apps-jenkins.ubuntu.com/job/weather-app-ci/build?delay=0sec.

This will build the branch you select (can be any branch) against the core app and produce a click file as output if successful. If the build is successful, note it will also kick off a testrun on the adt-krillin job. This will install the click on a phone device (a krillin specifically) and run the autopilot tests for the project. This will produce a full log, along with just the test output. It should also produce a subunit file, which you can use to visualize the results, including screenshots for failure points.

Things that are still being worked on:
Better link the adt-krillin runs to the original core app build
Add support for merging / gating on merge proposals
Add support for running qml tests

Anything else you'd like to see? Please, let me know your thoughts and feedback on the new site, and feel free to make use of it for your testing and building needs. Once we have support for gating on merge proposals, this will replace the current setup and site. We'll talk more about transitioning from CI once we are ready.

Nicholas

Follow ups