Re: patches.pot templates in the Karmic import queue

Hello David,

David Planella [2009-07-23 14:35 +0200]:
> seb128 told me on IRC that this is a marginal practice, and my
> understanding was that in general packagers tend to prefer the single
> template approach because it seems to generate less cruft in the source
> package.

FWIW, I agree to this. It seems much easier to fix a handful of
packages to not do this any more than having to invent a huge
machinery in LP/Rosetta to handle these cases.

If LP would still present the full orig template plus the patches.pot,
people would translate more than necessary. And if this isn't done,
there is no big advantage compared to having just a single template
IMHO.

> From this, I assume that the best thing to do for now is _not_ to
> approve them and ask packagers to provide a single template as usual.

+1

Thanks,

Martin